Thursday 18 October 2007

HYPOTHYROIDISM - THE DIET & WEIGHT LOSS BATTLE SO FAR!

Thyroid Disease
Hypothyroidism


Aren't diets depressing? :(
On day 4 & doing quite well so far (considering I normally cave in on day 3!) but I have to fit into a ball dress by the start of December - eek - so got to keep going as I can't afford to buy a new dress!
I think my thyroid tabs (levothyroxine) are back at the normal level & I'm feeling a lot better & less tired, the joys of hypothyroidism! - 2 gym sessions so far this week of about an hour each time, going again tomorrow on my day off. If only I could sweat off fat I'd be so thin!
Diet is basically smaller portions, increase fruit/veg intake, cut the carbs, drink lots of liquid & cut the alcohol, chocolate & all the bad things - not rocket science is it I guess!
I'm also getting diet recipes elsewhere off the net & adapting for my own family use. Weightwatchers site is good - I'm never sure how much my thyroid affects my weight, but the one thing I can say is the last time I was this heavy (75kg) I was just about to drop a sprog!!!

Thyroid disease
Hypothyroidism

1 comment:

Carolina-Jane said...

I have been on porcine tablets for almost 2 years and has worked wonders, rejuvenating my body back to normal