Sunday 7 October 2007

The continuing battle with hypothyroidism! Me & my underactive thyroid!

Thyroid disease
Hypothyroidism


Lo & behold I'm back on the original dose of levothyroxine - just 7 kilos heavier into the bargain - arrgghhh!
To add to my woes I also have an ongoing back problem - I dread to think what I'll be like in 20 years time as I'm only 37 at the moment....my theory is ski, etc for as long & as fast as I can! :)
Anyway, sore back has put a bit of a dampener on the exercise regime. I quite like running (slowly!) but don't think it does the vertebrae any favours! Gym routine recommences tomorrow - have looked out the obligatory fat pants as my backside is now wider than a double decker bus. The joys of an underactive thyroid!
I did go cycling with the kids today but cancelled out any good by drinking cider & eating chips at the pub - I have no willpower!
Have been feeling quite tired too recently - I know it's all symptomatic of hypothyroidism - I find that exercising does actually help my energy levels. I also sleep better as sometimes the tabs cause palpitations especially if I've taken them later on in the day rather than first thing.
Anyway back to the gym tomorrow - will update you all on the fight against the flab soon!

Thyroid disease
Hypothyroidism

1 comment:

Shirley Donalds said...

Doctors put me on synthetic supplements and I am very afraid. I purchased the bovine supplements , took the recommended amount. My thyroid is now healthier and thanks to the supplements, it works.